A Love of Learning for Life
As a Rights Respecting School everyone is nurtured within a happy, healthy, safe and sustainable environment. In a fun and inclusive community where all opinions are valued, we develop self esteem, independence and creativity, empowering all to progress with confidence and a love of learning for life.
Inclusion—Our school is a place where all members of the community are given the opportunity to thrive in a safe environment of tolerance and nurture, where differences are celebrated, supported and respected.
Empowerment— We aim to create a learning environment that empowers children to become confident and enthusiastic learners. Through a rich and varied curriculum they will be able to approach life and learning with confidence and with a range of skills that will equip them for a happy, healthy and successful future.
Trust—Our school aims to create a learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to be confident, respectful members of the community and to trust in their own judgements and abilities.
Passion—we believe that children thrive and achieve their full potential when they enjoy their learning and are nurtured within a caring and safe environment. We value knowledgeable, passionate and inspirational staff who aim to motivate all learners to become enthusiastic, confident and passionate members of our school community.
Aspiration—As a school we aspire to develop and support children’s self-esteem and passion for learning in order to encourage proactive, creative thinkers who are willing to take a risk and become motivated, enthusiastic learners with high aspirations.
Respect—Our philosophy is to develop respect in our community. We aim for children to have respect for themselves, others, property, environment and the fundamental British values; in order to enable all individuals to progress within a community where they feel they belong and are secure.
We aim to:
· Teach children how to stay safe
· Encourage adults and children to work and play together creatively
· Enable all children to achieve
· Provide parents with sufficient information and opportunities to help them support their children’s learning and development
· Encourage and enable all children to do their best and to have respect for others in work and play
· Teach children about society in order to help create the responsible citizens of the future
· Teach children about different cultures and prepare them to live in a multi-cultural
· Have high expectations of academic excellence whilst promoting the personal, moral, cultural and spiritual development of our pupils
· Raise awareness in our children of the choices they have available to them
· Teach children the importance of a healthy lifestyle
· Ensure children respect British values